top of page

Family Group

Public·41 members

!!EXCLUSIVE!! Download 3DS (USA)

This change takes place until March 27th, 2023, which means there's still time (just) for you to grab all the downloadable games you can fit in your digital arms and run. But with credit card payment support having ended on May 23rd, 2022, and Nintendo eShop cards having ceased to redeem from August 29th, 2022, we want to make sure that you get those games in time, and don't run into any lack-of-fund-related mishaps.

Download 3DS (USA)

Broadly, it means that you won't be able to buy or download new games on the 3DS or Wii U eShop after 27th March 2023, and you also won't be able to purchase in-game content, download demos or free-to-play software, redeem download codes, or add funds to your account on 3DS or Wii U.

I don't get why they don't simply just remove the Classic Games they want to preserve and remove ANY and ALL Retail games from the shop! Where the only things downloadable are EShop Exclusives, Demos, DLC, and Older Classic Games that AREN'T on the Switches list.....

Concerning the virtual console games, will they be playable as normal if they are purchased and downloaded onto the 3DS? For instance, I currently have 4 virtual console titles on my 3DS. After the shop closes, will I be able to access those games as usual, or will they be removed along with the removal of the eShop?

With digital purchases you are still able to play the games you download even after the online store goes down or if a game is delisted where's with NSO there is none of that, when the service ends or if a game is somehow delisted then you cant play it any more, the game and save files are gone.

@Z-Core the official support page does say it will be possible to download software updates. I've heard some talks of select games with fancy updates that need to be processed as separate eShop items (which would make their functionality uncertain after today indeed), but I can't even recall what titles were claimed to deal with that.

I'm currently inserting the game disc into my Wii U and starting the software to initiate any game downloads, as it seems to be the only way of making sure game updates are installed. Then, there is Xenoblade X, which has it's own add-on content accessible through the eShop, so I'm assuming this type of game update accessible via the eShop user interface, unlike normal game updates will be no longer available.

@jco83 You can today and in the future so we're told, but those Xenoblade and Ghosts updates are 'add-on' software so I'd download these as a priority, but I'm a safety first kind of guy, so will be inserting each Wii U disc and starting the game to ensure everything is up to date.

Grabbed a few final things on the 3DS last night and almost hit 'download later' on the last one before realizing that I'd miss my last chance to watch the goofy download animation of the little baubles dropping down to fill the game icon border up. Goodbye, old friend. ?

EDIT: I just downloaded a game from the Wii U eShop at work with no issues, unlike at home.Had I known how fast and reliable the internet at work is for small downloads (which is essentially what I'm getting now with Virtual Console games) I would've brought my Wii U to work since the closure was announced. Oh, well, can't win 'em all.

Didn't buy anything but I made sure to do a bunch of Pokemon downloading and updates for my system. I own all the 3DS games I would have ever wanted to purchase, so I'm satisfied. The only two games I would have liked to get would have been Samus Returns and Kid Icarus Uprising but I would have preferred both physical. At least I can play Metroid II on NSO online and I'm very confident Kid Icarus Uprising will receive a modern port in the near future. I don't own a Wii U but Xenoblade X would have been nice to have, also expecting a modern port of the game.

Anyone else getting an error that the eShop is down for maintenance this morning? I opened it to redownload a couple things and I can't get to that page. Great day for them to be having issues like that.

@MegaMari0 Yeah, like @Cashews said, Codename STEAM is almost always $4.99-5.99 used. It's a total steal at that price too. There's a shop near me with at least 5 copies that just sit there. I have to believe that people will eventually discover how good it actually is. Make sure to download the update file because it greatly improves the base game. You're going to want that.

@mercilessrobot according to reports updates are still going to be available after eshop closure. I'm not entirely sure it will be the case though - seeing how some games are updated with an eshop download.

Just to be sure: even merging funds it's not possible to make in-game purchases anymore, right? I made some purchases yesterday, but they were from the eShop website (and for some reason the automatic download didn't work, although after searching the bought games on the console's eShop it said "download again").

• For assistance with prepaid Nintendo eShop funds cards, please read Nintendo eShop Prepaid Funds Card Is Not Working.

• Additional Information: If your download code is lost or missing, please read Download Code Is Lost or Missing.

• If you see a message that your download code has already been used, please read Error Message: This Code Has Already Been Used.

• If you receive Error Code: 2811-6058, wait a short while before trying to redeem the download code again.

• For assistance with download codes issued through My Nintendo, please read Problems with Download Codes (My Nintendo Reward).

• If a download code is missing, please read Download Code Is Lost or Missing.

• Digital game purchases made through the Nintendo website are downloaded directly to your system and do not receive a download code. For help with this process, please read How to Purchase or Pre-Order Nintendo eShop Games on the Official Nintendo Website.

• Download codes purchased from retailers or bundled with Nintendo products do not expire. However, download codes given out for a specific promotion (Hyrule Warriors DLC pack, Pokémon distributions, etc) and those obtained through My Nintendo will usually have an expiration date.

• What to Do: Verify that you are entering your download code correctly. The download code is a 16-digit code that is printed on the receipt or available in the email body.

• Themes: The download code must be redeemed within the Theme Shop on a Nintendo 3DS family system.

• Games: The download code must be redeemed on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch, Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems. Games can only be redeemed on the system for which they are intended. (For example, Nintendo Switch games can only be redeemed on a Nintendo Switch system.)

• Redeem a Nintendo Switch download code in Nintendo Switch eShop or visit the online code redemption page to redeem a Nintendo Switch download code online.

• If some numbers are hard to read, try entering similar numbers. (For example, a 0 may look like an 8, a 5 may look like a 2, etc).

• Verify that the country setting on your system is correct on your Nintendo Switch, Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system. A download code can only be redeemed on a Nintendo eShop set to the same region as the game. (For example, a code sold for use in Japan can only be redeemed with a Nintendo Account and/or Nintendo eShop also set to Japan.)

• If you are attempting to use a download code or system from a different region (a European download code with a North American system, for example), the download code will not work.

• Check your previously downloaded titles in the Nintendo eShop. If you already redeemed the download code, you can re-download the game on your Nintendo Switch, Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system without re-entering the code.

• If the download code is still not working, it may not have been activated correctly at the store. Please check with the retailer that provided the code.

Situation Not Resolved: If the download code is still not working, please contact us for additional support.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page